We look forward to welcoming you back on 17th May. Subject to Government guidance.Find out more
Why Our Pub is Great
Here at the Calder and Hops, everyone is welcome. Located in the heart of Wakefield, we make the perfect spot for a lunchtime catch-up with friends or evening meal out. Our menu has all your favourite British pub classics, burgers, steaks, chicken, curries, sandwiches and more. Choose from light bites and grazing dishes, if you’re not ready for a main meal. Make the most of our free Wi-Fi and have a working lunch, or join us on an evening where we’ve got live entertainment to keep you occupied.
We do more than just food too. Our drinks menu is impressive. We have it all; draught beer, craft beer, cider, cocktails, wine and soft drinks. Settle on down with your mates and catch up over a perfectly pulled pint or let loose and order a cocktail or two. There’s a great selection on offer so we’re sure you’ll want to come back for more. Our live entertainment evenings are the perfect reason to gather the gang and catch up over a drink or two. Let us know what we can get you and we’ll see you soon.
Our Pub Facilities
Safety is our Priority
Caring for our People Makes Sense
- Looking after our teams means they can look after you.
- This starts with providing our already fantastic teams with additional training to follow safe COVID-19 working procedures and regulations.
- Each day team members will complete a health screening questionnaire to confirm they are in good health prior to beginning work.
- We ask that you do your bit and respect our teams and any requests they have. It’s all with your safety in mind.
Keeping Social, whilst Social Distancing Makes Sense
Look out for additional signage in pub to establish safe, social distancing
This might include:
- Highlighting where and how you order at the bar
- Removing some tables to ensure comfortable social distancing can be maintained
- Managing capacity, meaning you may be asked to queue outside
Caring for you, your friends and family Makes Sense
- Hand sanitiser is available to use at every entrance for your peace of mind.
- Once inside we’re taking as many steps as possible to reduce contact
- Our menus will be used only once and are fully recyclable once you’ve finished with it
About Our Food
If you’re looking for a menu that is bursting with a wide variety of dishes that suit any occasion at any time of the day, you’ve come to the right place. Our range of grazing dishes make the perfect starter or light bite before tucking into our delicious wraps, sandwiches and pub classics. Make sure you check out the true VIP section of our menu; our burgers. We’re proud as punch about our large range of burgers, from vegetarian, to chicken, to classic beef burgers, to burgers that’ll take your tastebuds on a journey around the world. We’ve thought of everyone.
We take pride in our food, and only serve up the best quality, at a price that doesn’t break the bank. The food we dish up is perfect for a day-time catch up or an evening meal before a night of fun and frolics. With a range of drinks to complement each dish, head on down and prepare to get stuck right in.
We Would Love To Get Your Feedback.
We welcome all of our customers to share their feedback. Why not click on the button below to share a review on Trip Advisor.
We would love to hear your feedback. Please click on the button below if you would like to get in touch with our team here at Marston's.